Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L is for My Letter from Our Leader

What arrogance; what audacity; what a bunch of happycrap!

Anyone who has followed my blog, for any time at all, knows that I have sent several critical letters to Barry Obama. One of those letters challenged Him on His position on killing unborn babies.

So I was surprised to get this hand-addressed response from The White House:


June 29, 2009

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on abortion. This is a heart-wrenching issue, and I appreciate your input and thoughts.
making my Administration the most open and transparent in history, and part of delivering on that promise is hearing from people like you. I take seriously your opinions and respect your point of view on this issue. Please know that your concerns will be on my mind in the days ahead.

Thank you again for writing. I encourage you to visit WhiteHouse.gov to learn more about my Administration or to contact me in the future.




Sincerely,



 




The letter was condescending at best; He doesn't care about or respect my opinion and I know my concerns will NOT be on his mind.  OK, so I am not naive enough to believe that Obama has ever taken the time to read anything I have written to Him. And I really don't expect it.  He must get thousands of letters and email messages every day. He can’t possibly read them all.  So it is fitting and appropriate for His staff to wade through all that stuff.

And I am not really bothered that His staff sent me a copy of a one-size-fits-all form letter that they send to everyone who writes on the topic. Nor am I bothered that the signature is a printed copy.  I even have a signature stamp of my own that my staff sometimes used when I sent out mass mailings.

But the thing that really torques my crank was the insult that came a few days later.  In a 9” X 12” manila envelope (also hand addressed and posted at $1.22) marked, DO NOT BEND, I received another copy of the very same letter with the same stamped signature on EMBOSSED STATIONERY (dated July 2, 2009) unfolded with cardboard protection and SUITABLE FOR FRAMING.

Does the White House really believe the folks are that gullible?  I guess I am supposed to feel really special. I thought about maybe selling it, but the messianic thrill is over; HIS halo has lost its shine.  Garage sales and thrift stores across America are overstocked with Obama junk that nobody wants.

I'm sure Barry thinks that I am must be thrilled to possess such a precious keepsake (even though the signature on the keepsake is ALSO A PRINTED COPY).  I wonder if I offered this "collector’s item" for sale on eBay with a new nickel and free shipping, could I get three cents for it?





46

No comments: