Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Good News For God; We Still Trust In Him.

Our National Motto stands.  Congress reaffirmed it today.  The resolution was passed 396 to 9.  Two cowards abstained.

Lawmakers voting against “In God We Trust” include Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-NY), Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO), Rep. Mike Honda (D-CA), Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA), Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA), and Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA). Voting present were Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) and Rep. Melvin Watt (D-NC).

Of course, it should be no surprise that 33% of those no votes came from representatives of my state, the Great People's Republik of Kalifornia.

5 comments:

Meghan New said...

My representative, Hank Johnson, is on the list. Like he needs another reason for me to consider him an idiot. I really do need to move from here.

hymns that preach said...

Meghan,

Before you move, vote the sapsucker out.

Anonymous said...

My question would be for the 396: What does this "God" in whom you claim we trust think about our murdering a million or so babies a year in this country? Those babies are created in the image of the "God" you mock with your vote.

Call my cynical.

hymns that preach said...

Stan, if you are cynical then I am proud to be in good company.

Anonymous said...

Likewise.