Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Very Own Blog Critics

Practically nobody reads this blog stuff of mine. I started this as a hobby. It is a place where I can record my thoughts and opinions. That is the essence of a “blog” which is a term derived from the blending of two words, “web log.” It is a place where I can post things that interest me; and a place where I can rant and vent my frustrations mainly to an audience of one-ME!

I have installed a hit counter that, up until several weeks ago, recorded only four to five page hits per day and only three or four, regular return visitors each week. My wife and my kids don’t even visit this site, for crying out loud. Basically this blog has been a great big, irrelevant, unknown, non-entity.
Then, suddenly, WHAM,” “BAM,” “POW!” The hits started pummeling in rapid succession. I saw the stats go from practically none to over 50 and then 87 and then to 132 page hits in just three days. And that was when I learned that there were a couple outraged critics who had discovered my blog and did not like my ideas. Maybe they are just a little bit handicapped in the humor department or perhaps some of my posts hit just a little too close to home for their personal comfort. Nevertheless, from the sudden surge in blog hits, I can only assume that they must have been very busy trolling through everything I have posted to see just how much they could be offended. Then the hits suddenly ceased as rapidly as they increased. In just one week the excitement was all over and once again the activity on the daily hit counter was mundane and uneventful.

It comes as no big surprise to me that lots of people disagree with my ideas. So what? I don’t agree with theirs either. And I realize that an even larger number don’t appreciate the use of satire or even sarcastic humor. I feel sorry for them; some people just don’t know how to “laff.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your comments AND sense of humor.

Todd Bentley
Obama is an idiot
Sex
Drugs
Washington
Football
Rob Bell
Heretic
Heresy

There. That should get your hits back up.

hymns that preach said...

Thanks Stan,

I appreciate the help. That never occurred to me but maybe I should try using all those search words in one blogpost title.

Daisy said...

Well, if I offend someone, it usually means I'm actually taking a stand for something. It is easy to be a spineless and very tolerant jellyfish.