This is outrageous and it must stop.
Just where do the people of North Dakota get off thinking that they can do whatever they want? Don’t they know who is in charge of this country and which direction He intends to take it? Shame on them. This state must be brought under control.
· The state now has 200 rigs pumping 440,000 barrels of oil daily in the Bakken shale formation, according to the Heartland Institute.
· Oil production in North Dakota has boomed to the point that the state now produces nearly as much oil each day as OPEC member Ecuador.
· The state’s unemployment rate is holding at just 3.5 percent, with many oil industry jobs paying more than $100,000 a year, and “we have 18,000 jobs looking for people,” North Dakota Republican Rep. Rick Berg told The Hill.
· The North Dakota legislature is using some of the state’s oil revenue to fund $1.2 billion in infrastructure improvements, including roads and schools. Public schools will receive $340 million in oil-related revenues over the next two years, and oil money will pay for a disaster relief fund and a reduction in property taxes.
· Also, the legislature has ordered that 30 percent of the funds from the state’s 6.5 percent oil extraction tax be sent to the state’s Legacy Fund, which cannot be touched until 2017, when accrued interest will become available for spending.
Well, take heart America. There is good news on the horizon. The EPA is considering a halt to North Dakota’s boom that will kill their economic opportunity and render them equal to the other 57 states. They will make them stop their frikin fracking.
That'll teach them!